5 Easy Ways to Protect Yourself from Catching Infection When In Hospitals
Many people feel uncomfortable in hospitals because it very easy to catch an infection from other people in the hospital suffering from it. This does not mean you should not visit a hospital when suffering from illness, rather you should take measures that will reduce the probability of your body catching infection from other patients. Here we've listed out some actions that you should perform when visiting a hospital.
- If your relative or friend is admitted to a hospital, always wash or sanitize your hands properly before and after you’ve visited him. This will protect the patient from any harmful bacteria and it will also protect you from pathogens as well.
- Before the doctor places stethoscope on your skin, always remind him about wiping the diaphragm with alcohol. This is because it often carries Staphylococcus Aureus which may adversely affect your health and can cause a skin infection.
- Stay up-to-date on your vaccines. Ensure that everyone in your house is also vaccinated each year. These vaccines help you and your family members to remain immunized.
- In order to protect yourself from harmful pathogens, you have to make sure that you wear the right clothes to the hospital. Studies have shown that when you lean over a patient, that’s when your clothes pick up bacteria. This is why it is essential that you wash your clothes after returning from the hospital before hanging them in your wardrobe.
- Equipment in a patient’s room must be cleaned and sterilized daily so that the growth of harmful bacteria could be stopped. Especially, the bed rails are the ones that carry most amounts of bacteria. So, when visiting a patient’s room, never place your hands over it or wash it immediately.
Apart from these methods, the hospital administration should also take steps in restricting the spread of harmful bacteria. One way is to use mobile containment unit whenever maintenance has to be carried out.
If you are interested in purchasing a mobile containment unit for your hospital, click here to compare models. The Solution has been selling mobile containment units to hospitals for around a decade. The units manufactured by them can be found in hospitals around the country.
For more information about them or for placing your order call 800-822-8489 or click here to request a quote.